Thursday, July 15, 2010

0039. Kate Bornstein


Kate Bornstein is a contemporary godmother of transsexuals, freaks, geeks, and others. She is a performance artist, author and gender theorist who supports the acceptance of alternative sexual lifestyles and offers psychological support for "others" and those who are considering suicide. She runs a blog and a twitter account in which she speaks to gender and sex ideas and encourages others to seek and share alternatives to suicide. She serves as a beacon of hope and encouragement for the those marginalized on the farthest fringes of society and sexuality.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. Oh my my.

    Kori, thank you *so* much for this honor. AND for making me look so darned cute. I ADORE the guess-my-gender cherubs. I'm tickled all shades of pink. You made me laugh, you made me cry, and you made me gasp—and one can't ever ask more from art than that.

    And excuse me, but am I ever in great company! I been looking through your collection to date and falling like Alice into Who-I-wanna-be-land. I bet both Kermit and the Buddha squealed like me when they found out you picked them.

    Lastly, I know that an artist only ever makes art about hirself. So, I'm going to keep an eye on this project and I'm going to learn from you how to embody some lovely, fun people. So now that you've put me up here, here's the deal: I promise you, I'll do my best to live up to your kind words, this honor, your dreamy art, and the importance of this project. In return, please continue to see yourself in all thousand lovebugs of your pantheon.

    Frak. Now I have to work on humility. Again. LOL! Be blessed, darling thing. And again, thank you.

    all my love,

    Auntie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful work of art! I absolutely adore it. Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm a big fan of Kate's either :)

    ReplyDelete